Thursday, February 16, 2012

IFSA-Butler Photo Contest

So it has been a while since I have been home. I have not had any issues acclimating back to life back at home and Bethel. I do miss Scotland, but I won't get into too much. I just want to post a few pictures that I submitted to a photo contest. I am surprised how these pictures came out. 

Category 1: Landscape/Buildings

This picture came out really nice. I like how the doorway makes a frame  of the towers in the background. I love the brick detail.


I turned this one into black and white. It reminds me of something that you see in stores or postcards. Lone man on a pier, so artistic I have to say.

Category 2: Tongue and Cheek (Funny things)

These are two things that are quite common. Castles and Cattle. Animals are common sights in Scotland and are very much locals. Castles dot the landscape and make great photo opportunities. So this is just a chance to combine those two great things.

The Red Hot Chili Pipers is pretty unique in my opinion. This picture is not super artistic, but it is strange to those unfamiliar with bagpiping, bag rock, or music for the kilted generation. I have gotten few people interested in the band, so my mission is progressing forward.

Category 3: Daily Life with Locals




 I like this picture a lot. it shows the platform of the train station at Leuchars Train Station in St. Andrews. This is how life is in Scotland. People get on trains and commute, which is what I was doing. I was going to Northern England, not Edinburgh, but it still applies. I like the detail of the platform and the lighting in particular.












No comments:

Post a Comment