Saturday, November 26, 2011

Red Hot Chili Pipers (Nov 25)

You have read correctly, its Pipers not Peppers. I enjoy telling people about the Red Hot Chili Pipers cause they think I am talking about the Red Hot Chili Peppers band. Most people do a double take of what I said. John notified me to the fact that the Red Hot Chili Pipers were playing in St. Andrews at Madras College on South Street on the 25th. So of course, I would not miss this opportunity. I got my tickets on Monday and awaited my time.

Friday came and I had a really good day. I gave my presentation on Tantallon castle and got bangers and mash for lunch and did well in Latin. It would only get better with a concert seeing the Pipers. I am a unique person supposedly because I enjoy bagpipe music. It is really tough to play. Players have to break at a steady rate and squeeze the same constant flow to have a nice sound. The speed of the pipers is amazing. If I knew how to play bagpipe, I would do stuff like that. I bought an album earlier in the day also. John and I walked to the concert from DRA (25 minute walk) when i realized I forgot my ticket in my room, so I walked another 25 minutes back, and the same to the concert. So I walked a lot.

The concert was really really good. Most people would laugh, but they are really talented people. The band  wears matching black shirts with their logo, black kilts, with red socks. The pipers have matching Red Hot Chili Pipers bagpipes. The band consists of a drummer, bassist, really good guitarist and keyboardist. There is also a drum core (2 guys) who are both world champions for drumming. Finally there are the bagpipers (3) who are also world recognized. Each on was really good. They would even jump up and down and still manage to play their bagpipes without loosing pitch or quality. It was quite impressive. They did songs like Clocks (Coldplay), Chasing Cars (Snow Patrol), We Will Rock You (Queen) Flower of Scotland and more. There is no singing, so all of the voice parts are done by the bagpipe. Its really impressive. Really unique. They took highland bagpiping to a whole other level. The pipers call their music BAGROCK. BAGROCK to the Masses. It was a worthwhile experience.























If you want to explore their music, look on Grooveshark or something like that. The youTube videos are poor quality and do not do them justice. I will definitely be getting at least another album. So unique, and they also have tours in the US if your interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment